The 2023 A Matter of Translation schedule has been released (click here for A Matter of Translation Conference Program). The schedule features a lineup of speakers drawn from all three Australian education systems. These speakers come from several Australian states and internationally. Their sessions will explore classroom trends and best practices from the three interrelated streams:
- Practices and techniques for classroom management: Discover innovative strategies and practical approaches to manage classroom dynamics and foster a positive learning environment effectively.
- Implementing the Science of Learning (SoL) in the classroom: Uncover the classroom-specific exemplars of the translation of evidence-based techniques that optimize student engagement, memory retention, and overall learning outcomes.
- Instructional coaching: Gain valuable insights into the art of instructional coaching, empowering you to guide and support fellow educators in their professional growth and development.
Registrations to attend A Matter of Translation are now live (click here for the registration link). The conference is a low-cost event to provide high-quality, relevant professional learning to any teacher (including pre-service teachers) from any school. We have two exceptional keynotes in Dr Greg Ashman (Author, Podcaster and Deputy Principal of Ballarat Claredon College) and Dr Tim McDonald (CEO of YMCA WA and subject matter expert on the Federal Government’s review of Behaviour Management in Australia Schools). Based on feedback received from our extensive A Learner’s Toolkit Partner School network throughout Australia and internationally, we have added an additional registration option for their teachers who are unable to join us on the day to join the keynotes and selected workshops virtually at no cost. Where possible, these recordings will be shared with all Partner Schools and registered attendees post the event. Registrations close Wednesday, 30th of August.
Registration fees for this conference are as follows:
- University students/Pre-service teachers: $25
- Teachers from Partner Schools: $50 (Free for virtual access)
- Teachers from Non-Partner Schools: $150
- Confirmed Workshop Presenters: Free
All proceeds are dedicated to expanding the Churchie Narragunawali Reconciliation in Education (RAP) project.